Must be a better way to protect chair legs on tile floors

sounds to me like you or another family member needs to go on a diet!

UPDATE: I picked up some of those felt pads as you guys had suggested:

So far, they've been working much better than did the rubber feet:

Thanks very much for your advice.

yer welcome <g>
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 8:36:13 PM UTC-7, Danny D wrote:

Well, a post that's only about 9 months old is certainly younger then some of the years old posts we've seeing here lately.
This guy seems pretty confident in his product...
https://www.flexifelt.com/default.aspx?skinid=2
How about these funny looking things?
http://www.lowboz.com/Articles.asp?ID 0
If your chair legs are cold, maybe sock socks from Nancy will help...
http://www.nancyprotectz.com/
Lots of choices here...
http://www.allglides.com/
My problem is different. Three of my lovely wood and leather chairs have ha d the leg joint destroyed, as the chair bottom catches on the grout line wh en the chair slides and bends the leg back and forth. No one seems to repai r furniture in 2016, and though I could buy a new set ($$$$$$$), the same t hing will undoubtedly happen to that set. I am NOT going to display tennis balls on our pretty dining set. Any more realistic suggestions to protect t he chair legs?
On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 10:36:13 PM UTC-5, Danny D wrote:

the leg joint destroyed, as the chair bottom catches on the grout line when the chair slides and bends the leg back and forth. No one seems to repair furniture in 2016, and though I could buy a new set ($$$$$$$), the same thing will undoubtedly happen to that set. I am NOT going to display tennis balls on our pretty dining set. Any more realistic suggestions to protect the chair legs?

You just posted to a 3-year-old post. The first thing you should do is to stop using Google Groups and get a real newsreader. Also, look up Usenet. It's not a webpage format. Newsgroups are as different from webpages as email is. Google Groups is just a malfunctioning copy of what gets posted in newsgroups.
Assuming you ever even see this post.... You might try the thick, carpet-like adhesive pads available for chair leg to avoid scratching floors. That might make the legs less likely to catch in grout lines. Aside from that, mindfulness or a new floor are probably the only options.
For the chairs, normal wood glue should work as a repair if the joints are tight. If not, I like 5 minute epoxy, but that sometimes fails over time when it has to fill a gap.