I have a Yardman self-propelled push-mower (MTB) with a 6.5hp engine.
1) When cold, will start after 5x priming, then dies.
2) If I manually throttle it, I can keep it running until it heats up.
3) If I move it at all, before its hot, it dies.
4) Once really hot, it runs fine and restarts fine.
Miscellaneous information that might be unrelated:
1) I had to clean the carburator last year, as it had gummed up. The
throttle settings have not been the same since.
2) The baffle is badly broken. I say this because there is a rod that
goes from the throttle to the undercarriage to help control the speed
of the engine (I think).
Any help is appreciated.