Moving a mattress

Preparing for a do-it-yourself move. Challenge is a California King foam mattress situated on the second floor. This was a hassle enough bringing in while new, it was wrapped and compressed.
Any suggestions for moving this down steep narrow stairs?
On 7/10/13 12:53 PM, Jim wrote:

hire professional help
took two husky guys to move my ~220lbs cal king tempurpedic 30 miles north to its current resting place and they did break a sweat in the process
150 sillicone valley dollars back in 2008 ymmv
On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 12:57:38 +0300, "Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat

220 POUNDS for just the mattress???? My non-cal king (which is the same as cal, is it not, except cal is 6" longer?) couldn't have weighed anywhere near that much. My stairwell wasn't steep or narrow and it wasn't foam but a standard mattress, but I think I brought it upstairs myself when I was 36, and took it downstairs myself when I got a new one. IIRC
I did have help getting the one upstairs.
Even with help, a small guy in good shape, I can't believe my share was 12/13 * 110 pounds.

On 07/10/2013 09:19 AM, micky wrote:

Perhaps the entire bed
Rub the walls with butter. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
Preparing for a do-it-yourself move. Challenge is a California King foam mattress situated on the second floor. This was a hassle enough bringing in while new, it was wrapped and compressed.
Any suggestions for moving this down steep narrow stairs?
On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:10:56 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Rub your ass with butter...that would involve a dip.
Jim wrote:

Get a couple of pairs of sticky gloves and a case of beer and call a husky friend. No beer till the job is done.
http://www.delcity.net/store/Warehouse-Gloves/p_796336 I used to buy these two pair for two dollar and Family Dollar ...
On 07/10/2013 05:53 AM, Jim wrote:

Can you compress it again with ratchet straps? I'd try that...
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 07/10/2013 11:02 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

I like that idea. Straps providing a needed hand hold for moving the otherwise unwieldy mattress.
On 7/10/2013 4:53 AM, Jim wrote:

I wonder if you could get a large enough vacuum storage bag that you can use your vacuum to remove the air and reduce the size of the foam mattress?
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/3/vacuum-clothing-storage-bags
TDD