Moving a mattress

Preparing for a do-it-yourself move. Challenge is a California King foam mattress situated on the second floor. This was a hassle enough bringing in while new, it was wrapped and compressed.

Any suggestions for moving this down steep narrow stairs?

Reply to
Jim

hire professional help

took two husky guys to move my ~220lbs cal king tempurpedic 30 miles north to its current resting place and they did break a sweat in the process

150 sillicone valley dollars back in 2008 ymmv
Reply to
Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat

Any suggestions for moving this down steep narrow stairs?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Rub your ass with butter...that would involve a dip.

Reply to
Bob_Villa

220 POUNDS for just the mattress???? My non-cal king (which is the same as cal, is it not, except cal is 6" longer?) couldn't have weighed anywhere near that much. My stairwell wasn't steep or narrow and it wasn't foam but a standard mattress, but I think I brought it upstairs myself when I was 36, and took it downstairs myself when I got a new one. IIRC

I did have help getting the one upstairs.

Even with help, a small guy in good shape, I can't believe my share was 12/13 * 110 pounds.

Reply to
micky

Get a couple of pairs of sticky gloves and a case of beer and call a husky friend. No beer till the job is done.

I used to buy these two pair for two dollar and Family Dollar ...

Reply to
Fat-Dumb and Happy

Can you compress it again with ratchet straps? I'd try that...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I like that idea. Straps providing a needed hand hold for moving the otherwise unwieldy mattress.

Reply to
Jim

Perhaps the entire bed

Reply to
Jim

I wonder if you could get a large enough vacuum storage bag that you can use your vacuum to remove the air and reduce the size of the foam mattress?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas