Moving a gas dryer about 20 feet

Page 2 of 2

You can call me BS, and I'll call you ignorant.
Home stores have flexible corrugated metal. I'm talking about flexible, smooth, line that's designed for long runs. The guys who work with it cut to length, and then crimp on ends, to interface with black iron.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

they would be stainless steel or copper gas lines with a yellow plastic coating on the outside if they existed...and maybe they do.. my guess though is that is water rated only.
a flex gas line built heavy enough might be legal..Ive not seen any though.
Phil scott

calif code prohibits anything over 24 or 36" as I recall.. other states are usually similar, if its a manufactured item apparently some states allow it... it amounts to unsported pipe as even when it is supported say every 12" a person could step on a section and break it. Im surprised the hear its available.
It could be a water rated flex line, those are more likely to be legal in some states... check on that, if its gas rated it will have an aluminum ring around one end saying so.
Phil scott
For 20 feet, you really oughta run black iron pipe. Have a HVAC tech do it, if you're not familiar with black iron.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Use smooth metal tubing and use metallic tape to cover all the inside seams and joints. Flexible pipe creates turbulance and will more likely catch lint. Flex vinyl tubes should not be used for a dryer vent.

i replaced a section of that supposedly flamable plastic exhaust line when replacing a friends dryer.
took it out on the driveway and attempted to set fire to a small piece first using a lighter, it just turned brown.
then tried my propane torch, it didnt light either.
i expected a ball of fire, all it did was turn brown

Seems like the OP is 'shortening' the exhaust pipe??????
And; lengthening the gas supply pipe???????
So some of our comments based on the original posting from which you could assume anything, are inappropriate!
It's another case of "What you assumed I meant is not what I assumed you would understand from what I thought I had said"!
It's like some of those threads where someone posts an electrical problem and everybody willingly responds based on a North American voltage of 115 volts 60 hertz and single phase!
Then three postings later the OP says something along the lines of; "Oh, I happen to be Spain and the voltage is 230 volts 50 hertz and it's 3 phase"! (Delta or wye, by the way?). Struth!
You can also install a booster fan.