Mouse deterrents?

In desperation*, we rented a storage locker that isn't mouse-proof, and it has too many too large holes (between lockers, between wall and roof) to stuff with steel wool. We are putting down lots of warfarin packs to kill any mice that sample from them.
Any suggestions for mouse *deterrents*? Do the high-pitched sound emitters work to drive the critters away? Any other suggestions?
Thanks -
FurPaw *better constructed units are full with waiting lists.
--
"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing:
the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's

Most storage places shut down the power to the units after closing. Your electronic anything will be of little use. Complain to the manager and see if they offer any suggestions
FurPaw wrote:

they do a thing.
Peter H

I will make one suggestion. Try a second non-warfarin based poison. They are finding up to 30% of the mice and other rodents are building up a resistance to the stuff.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Poisons really suck unless you enjoy the smell of little mice carcasses. If you want to keep the little rascals away sprinkle red cayenne pepper around the areas where you have found their droppings, entrance/exit ways or other signs of their presence, trust me they will head for the hills and won't look back. Rich

An old farmer told me to put soap in my storage unit....i used Irish spring sport...<G>...he told me they don't like the smell (basically because the lilbastards stink i guess..<G>)...it worked...i also put soap(cut into strips/slices/cubes/whatever) in my spare vehicles this time of year...no more mouse problems for three years now...YMMV ------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004
On 10/2/04 3:31 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, "FurPaw"

One thing that seems to work is moth balls.
Shallow pans of automobile antifreeze. The mousies lap it up. It digests, and makes toxins. Mousies stagger, fall over, and die.
Keep away from kids, or desirable pets. They also lap it up, get sick, stagger, fall over and die.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus