Mouse deterrents?

In desperation*, we rented a storage locker that isn't mouse-proof, and it has too many too large holes (between lockers, between wall and roof) to stuff with steel wool. We are putting down lots of warfarin packs to kill any mice that sample from them.

Any suggestions for mouse *deterrents*? Do the high-pitched sound emitters work to drive the critters away? Any other suggestions?

Thanks -

FurPaw

*better constructed units are full with waiting lists.
Reply to
FurPaw

Most storage places shut down the power to the units after closing. Your electronic anything will be of little use. Complain to the manager and see if they offer any suggestions

Reply to
SQLit

My experience w/ the electronic deterents wasn't good. I don't think they do a thing.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

I will make one suggestion. Try a second non-warfarin based poison. They are finding up to 30% of the mice and other rodents are building up a resistance to the stuff.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Poisons really suck unless you enjoy the smell of little mice carcasses. If you want to keep the little rascals away sprinkle red cayenne pepper around the areas where you have found their droppings, entrance/exit ways or other signs of their presence, trust me they will head for the hills and won't look back. Rich

Reply to
Rich

An old farmer told me to put soap in my storage unit....i used Irish spring sport......he told me they don't like the smell (basically because the lil bastards stink i guess..)...it worked...i also put soap(cut into strips/slices/cubes/whatever) in my spare vehicles this time of year...no more mouse problems for three years now...YMMV

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

One thing that seems to work is moth balls.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Shallow pans of automobile antifreeze. The mousies lap it up. It digests, and makes toxins. Mousies stagger, fall over, and die.

Keep away from kids, or desirable pets. They also lap it up, get sick, stagger, fall over and die.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon