Mounting a mirror?

I need to mount a thin strip of mirror (1" by 39") on a wooden frame. What adhesive should I use. I understand many standard adesives will ruin the mirror surface.
William W. Plummer wrote:

If it is a frame, do you need to mount it to anything?
I know of no adhesive that is not going to possibly damage the reflective surface. I would suggest foam tape. It will be a one time use, but what other use are you going to have for a 1x39 mirror?
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
William W. Plummer wrote:

Griplock, or "No More Nails"
--
Gavsta.

http://www.nailpower.com/html/nailpower_mirror.htm
John
William:
WW> I need to mount a thin strip of mirror (1" by 39") on a wooden frame. Wha WW> adhesive should I use. I understand many standard adesives will ruin the WW> mirror surface. As others have indicated, adhesives will either ruin the mirror by discolouration and/or delaminating the mirroring surface from the glass. I would either use those mirror holders made for mounting full-length mirrors to doors/walls or some sort of a (decorative) moulding to frame the mirror; has a bit rabbited out for the mirror to be placed in to.
The foam adhesive suggested by another respondant may or may not work. At the store we've had cardboard or lettering eventually fall off -- I'd hate to think what would happen with a much heavier mirror (even though 1x39")!
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Arts & Crafts Books: Needlecraft for Junkies
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
barry martin wrote:

So I guess mirror installers should stop pasting large mirrors to walls with mastic? Too bad, it works so well.
D > > WW> I need to mount a thin strip of mirror (1" by 39") on a wooden D > > frame. What D > > WW> adhesive should I use. I understand many standard adesives D > > will ruin the WW> mirror surface. D > > D > > As others have indicated, adhesives will either ruin the mirror by D > > discolouration and/or delaminating the mirroring surface from the D > > glass. D > D > So I guess mirror installers should stop pasting large mirrors to walls wit
D > mastic? Too bad, it works so well.
Apparantly my answer was wrong and now William knows to find mirror mastic.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Around here you're expected to speak Geek, not Greek. <GD&R>