Mount new ceiling fan at peak of cathedral ceiling

I want to add a ceiling fan it the peak where the two ceiling planes meet, about 14 feet from the floor.
My tentative plan is to screw a 6" square peice of of 2x6 into the roof truss at the center. Then trim it in nicely and mount the can for the fan mount. (There is another truss system (roof) above the ceiling truss system that allows access for wiring)
Anyone else have a good/better idea?
Toddddddd wrote:

Sounds like a good idea. As long as your mounting into a firm surface. You are going to use a long down rod, right? How are you going to get wire up there? Or is it already there? Is the can going to be cut into the 2x6 or mounted on the outside of it? Check and see if the trim piece will cover the can if mounted directly to 2x.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

Something along those lines is what I always see in this type of room.
As long as you can get the wire to it, use a fan rated box and securely attach it to the joist without cutting the joist, I see no problems with your plans.
Colbyt

Sounds okay. Arlington does make cathedral ceiling fan boxes. Perhaps one of them may be useful: http://www.aifittings.com/n_4.htm