Motion detector light will not go off

My motion detector spotlight stays on all night. What can I do to reset it?
On 8/30/2015 12:44 PM, Dave G. wrote:

how mine works.
replying to Mr. Emann , Dave G. wrote:

Thanks. I will wait till it gets dark and try this idea. Hopefully it will reset everything. Will let you know. Thanks
On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 23:44:01 +0000, Dave G.

When they go bad, they usually fail "on'
You can try flipping all the switches several times on the bottom and wiping the pots around several times, then reset it (power off for a while) . If it still staying on, replace it.
replying to Mr. Emann , Dave G. wrote:

Afraid it doesn't solve the problem. The light just stays on which is really annoying to my neighbors across the court. Any other suggestions or do I need to bring in an electrician to see if the sensor is bad?
On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 03:44:02 +0000, Dave G.

If you pay an electrician, you might as well have him replace the motion head
On 8/30/2015 11:44 PM, Dave G. wrote:

An electrician is going to charge at least $75 just to show up. Can you put in a new fixture yourself? It would be cheaper. Of get a "handy man" to do it are a lower price.
In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 31 Aug 2015 06:06:40 -0400, Ed Pawlowski

Or put in a smaller bulb that won't bother the neighbor, or put in a screw-in socket that will turn off during the day and on at night (all night)
Or try the same power off thing again. No reason to wait until night.
caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85 snipped-for-privacy@example.com says...

Is there a switch anywhere on it? Mine has a switch on the bottom of the motion sensor unit which allows you to put the unit into test mode or set the interval that the light stays on when activated - I believe there are three options for 1, 5, and 10 minutes.
I've had mine get stuck in the "on" mode several times before, and when it happens, switching between test and normal mode or switching to one of the other interval values and back has always fixed the problem.
On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 17:44:01 +0000, Dave G.

During the daylight, unplug or disconnect it for a few minutes. Replug and it should be OK.
I really like the motion detectors but at times they can be a PITA. If you plug ours in when dark, or after a power failure, it will go on and off all night but reset the next daylight cycle.
| My motion detector spotlight stays on all night. What can I do to reset it? |
The majority provide an option:
Turn it off for a second or two and then back on to make it stay on.
Turn it off for 30seconds or so and then back on to reset it to motion activation.
On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 4:38:58 PM UTC-4, Mayayana wrote:

And if it's shot, good time to consider replacing it with an LED one.
message

sure it works outdoor.