Mothballing swimming pool

Hello, I have an ABOVE GROUND swim spa/lap pool that I wish to shutdown and drain for about 3-4 months. (leaving contry) I ususally drain the pool once a year to replace with clean water ( TDS issues) the same day so don't have to worry about water going stagnet in the pumps/lines etc. Basically this pool is a huge hot tub (2200 gallons). In hot tubs they make a product called "swirl away" which is used to clean the lines out when draining a hot tub... Is there a product out there to preserve water from going stagnet in the lines of a large spa so I don't get any icky sh*t flying out of the lines when I refill after 3-4 months?...Completly draining the pumps,lines etc is not an option here... Anyone that owns a pool care to comment and has perhaps done this before?....Thank you... Jim

Reply to
Jim

Why is clearing the lines not an option?

Reply to
salty

Agreed. If you don't have a compressor or whatever to blow everything out yourself, bite the bullet and pay a pool company to come mothball it for you. Above-ground pools don't store well. If you don't have a tight cover, also probably want to make some arches of PVC pipe and rig a tarp over it, so it doesn't refill with rain water and trash. Sucks to come home and find the remains of a dead animal in there, that was seeking a drink, but could not get back out.

Reply to
aemeijers

You can blow the lines out in most cases with the outlet side of a shop vac.

Reply to
salty

"swirl away" which is

Or suck it out using the vacuum side too. You just have to understand the goes intos and goes outas and do it in a logical order, using the control valves and possibly stopper plugs to control the flow. The stoppers are available in various sizes at pool supply stores. Then you just take out the drain plugs from the pump, filter, etc.

Reply to
trader4