Most heat resistant counter top?

So the stuff they told us in junior high is really true!! That's good to know.

Reply to
micky

I wonder how a poured concrete countertop would handle high heat?

Countertops made of recycled glass would likely be heat resistant

Reply to
bob haller

Countertops made of recycled glass would likely be heat resistant

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Probably quite well. I my VT house, I poured and tiled a slab (laminated with Hardibacker) to the mantle over my wood stove. The metal flue came within in inch or two of it, so it got quite hot. No problems whatsoever.

I'd assume that would depend on what the binder was and thickness. Does it have a backer (demalination issue)?

Reply to
krw