Most heat resistant counter top?

Page 3 of 3
Laminated asbestos with gypsum? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
I wonder how a poured concrete countertop would handle high heat?
Countertops made of recycled glass would likely be heat resistant

Probably quite well. I my VT house, I poured and tiled a slab (laminated with Hardibacker) to the mantle over my wood stove. The metal flue came within in inch or two of it, so it got quite hot. No problems whatsoever.

I'd assume that would depend on what the binder was and thickness. Does it have a backer (demalination issue)?

LOL. I think you're thinking what I'm thinking. What difference does it make which material is the "most" heat resistant? All you need is a material that is heat resistant enough so that you can put a typical hot pot on it. Beyond that, who cares? Are you going to do welding on it? And granite is certainly heat resistant enough for counter tops.

With just the one requirement the answer is obvious... Asbestos