Most efficient water heater?

Page 3 of 3

its more of a idle thought, the minor standby losses of a regular tank dont bother me, and our tank is plenty big enough, except when family visits. with washing clothes, doing laundry and showering its a busy hot water using place. and our showers have the flow restrictors removed.....
but a new kitchen dining room gut job is a lot more likely and probably better of use of money:) kinda nervous the economy may hurt our income:( and gasoline is killing my service business

With shower restrictors removed you have to be real carefull, and measure shower output since tankless are real specific on Gpm and the amount of temp rise, [ on the coldest day, when gas pressure is low and everything gas is on, water is 38f incomming] you still need a hot shower. For many a cheap unit would not work, but I guess that really depends on your incomming mains gpm.
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 20:27:22 -0400, Don Wiss wrote:

A GUI is available to look up the efficiency of any water heater, residential or commercial at http://www.gamapower.org
For example, residential hot water heater efficiency can be obtained at http://www.gamapower.org/water.php
Or, just call GAMA at 908-464-8200
Donna

What a poorly designed page! I gave up. Most annoying is each time you return to the page to make a change it clears all your input away and you have to reinput everything.
And it does not seem to include the model GPHE-50 (AO Smith Vertex) that I just had installed.

Go to link - PDF file - pg. 15 (document page 217) 4th entry down for A.O. Smith http://www.gamanet.org/gama/inforesources.nsf/vAttachmentLaunch/BD9C57BA8477D8E185256E9000606CD0 /$FILE/12-07-gas-cwh.pdf
Also: http://www.saskenergy.com/saving_energy/EligibleCondensingWaterHeaters.pdf

Are you sure maybe you just arent searching correctly? When you do a "Run Query" and it comes back with no results DONT hit the back button on your browser. Use the "Modify Query" on the page. It rolls back and there is all your past info you typed. Bubba

But....but.... but.... thats just too easy!! it makes too much sense!!

Take a look at Voyager water heaters similar to the AO Smith Cyclone. They (Voyager) have stainless heat exchangers. It's the recovery rate and efficiencies that you want to pay attention too.