Mortarless Glass Block

I'm installing glass block panels (purchased at a window store) in my basement and I have all the windows done, except for a smaller window. I need to make a smaller panel 24x28 and was wondering if anyone knew where to find some instructions, or could explain the steps to make a "Mortarless" panel? I've searched google, and kind find anything.

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Lair

Not the best DIY project. I took a night class in bricklaying at a local tech school and even with that, I have a hard time getting a good looking panel. Was the price so high from the window store that you don't want to buy one more? My local glass block company charges $5 / block to make a panel, making it much easier for me to write a check than "learn a trade".

Also, those mortarless panels often have tighter spacing than standard, which might give you trouble.

YMMV

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Usually Lowes or Home Depot has instructions right by the glass blocks (may be a videotape). If not, try

Rick

- Not the best DIY project.

I had a friend that ordered a number of glass block panels from a window store. As he was putting them in, he stood one up in his driveway, turned around to do something else and heard a loud thump. When he looked back, he saw that his nice new panel was now a just a bunch of individual glass blocks.

He did a pretty good job of putting it back together, although it didn't match the professional one exactly.

Reply to
DerbyDad03