More powerful kitchen faucet side spray head?

I have a kitchen faucet with a side spray (a separate pull out sprayer) that sprays water at low speed, similar to this: http://www.buyhardwaresupplies.com/?t=5&m=g1&itemNumberB35404
Any idea where can I buy a replacement spray head with more power? I want to blast away the gunk that sticks to the strainer basket and garbage disposal flaps, so I can clean them without touching with hands.

Doubt you'll find any. One limiting factor is the water pressure, of course. Be sure your diverter valve is working properly too. The intent of the spray is to rinse dishes, pots, pans, etc so the factory does not make a high pressure version as most people prefer a gentle spray that does not get them soaked.
Considering hte price, you may want to try making your own nozzle by drilling out a disk or inserting a short length of copper tubing and crimping the end to reduce volume but increase pressure.
james wrote:

Try unscrewing the spray nozzle from the end of the hose and examine any rubber washer that's in there.
A few years ago our kitchen sprayer started acting like it had an enlarged prostate and finally wouldn't trip the diverter valve at all.
When I removed the spray nozzle from the hose I saw that the flat rubber sealing washer inside the female opening had squished or swelled so that its center hole was nearly non existant.
I removed the washer, gave it a quick bop with a hollow punch to enlarge the center hole and "Bob's your uncle".
It's been working like a racehorse since then.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

There might be a water reducing washer somewhere in the hose or head, if you are lucky.

the interior lining of the hose itself can delaminate from the outer layer and restrict flow a lot.
might see great flow for a second then flow reduction. this happens to hand held showers and can happenb to car brake hoses, making a check valve effect wearing out pads and over heating rotors.
try replacing the diverter valve ands hose kit cheap attempt to repair

    How about using your power washer?
    Frankly you would likely end up splashing the whole room with much more pressure than the ones I generally see.
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 07:37:13 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

    Paper plates?

Binford 6100 150psi air compressor mounted undersink. <Grunt> <Grunt> <Grunt>

You can just forget the diverter valve and tap the spray head directly into the water main. I did that and it worked well for some time, but eventually failed due to the pressure (and my pressure is only 40#). Best bet would probably be to put a pressure reducing valve between the main pressure and the spray head, I would guess 10# pressure would work well and last.