Here's what I do:
To make a gallon.
1 cup household bleach, make up rest of gallon with water.
Spray on just to point of run-off, let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse
with garden hose with strong spray.
Try to apply in shade or on a shady day, so the mixture doesn't
evaporate immediately. If mixture dries out too quickly, re-wet
*lightly* with water.
(Remove mypants to reply by email)
You can mix bleach with water at 5 parts water to one part bleach. The trick is
scrubbing the bleach in so it makes contact with the mold. Let it set ten
minutes and then rinse it..if you miss any active mold it will come right
Patches of mildew? Whole, three story house? Siding? On stucco, 10%
bleach is rec and stronger than needed, but scrub a bit and rinse. If
you have alum siding or windows, I'm not sure I'd slather the place in
bleach. If it is wood siding that is very mildewy and rotting, probably
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.