mold, fungus, etc removal from siding

What is the mixture of chlorax & water for mold, fungus, etc removal from siding? My correct e-mail address is gn052 (not gn52) Fake adddress given to avoid spams

Reply to
Frank Thompson

---------------------- Here's what I do:

To make a gallon.

1 cup household bleach, make up rest of gallon with water.

Spray on just to point of run-off, let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse with garden hose with strong spray.

Try to apply in shade or on a shady day, so the mixture doesn't evaporate immediately. If mixture dries out too quickly, re-wet

*lightly* with water.

(Remove mypants to reply by email)

Reply to
abekl98034mypants

You can mix bleach with water at 5 parts water to one part bleach. The trick is scrubbing the bleach in so it makes contact with the mold. Let it set ten minutes and then rinse it..if you miss any active mold it will come right back.....

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

pure bleach works faster and better, I have never had to Scrub using pure bleach , When I have diluted I have had more work, 50 % dilution if you must.....

Reply to
mark Ransley

Dissolve 1/2 cup TSP in 1 gallon warm water. Add 1 cup regular strength household bleach. Protect plants with plastic.

Reply to
Phisherman

You should try. We can smell your goat ass from here!

Reply to
Two Brothers Enterprises

Patches of mildew? Whole, three story house? Siding? On stucco, 10% bleach is rec and stronger than needed, but scrub a bit and rinse. If you have alum siding or windows, I'm not sure I'd slather the place in bleach. If it is wood siding that is very mildewy and rotting, probably should replace.

Reply to
RamblinOn