Modern Maid Oven/Range Repair

I am attempting to repair an electric 1993 Modern Maid Oven/Range Top.

One day a pot of water spilled on the glass cooktop and suddenly the oven temp went soaring and finally the digital display flashed F1 and kept beeping. The only way to shut it down was to cut the power at the circuit breaker. I ended up ordering a new ERC board (Control Board with clock, temp display, etc.) and I still got the same results. I checked the temperature sensor and it had good continuity so, I don't think that is the problem. I was told that it could be the relay board. Where is that located and how do I test it? Is there something else I should be testing?

My knowledge of electronics is very limited and I'm hoping this is something I can do with a little helpful direction from anyone in the group. The wiring schematic on the back of the oven is not much help to me as I still don't know what/where to test.

Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
todlum

Tod,

If your knowledge of electronics is weak and you don't own the proper tools then you should call a repair man. Simply replacing parts is probably not an economic way to fix this and you may hurt someone by doing things wrong.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Hi,

Model#?

If your model even has one.

Something that may help...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Modern Maid Model #FDU186 2WW P1131909N

Reply to
todlum

Hi,

Many/most F1's are the clock or key panal for the clock, your range doesn't show a key panal and the clock is new since you changed it. Leaves a faulty oven temp sensor ( most, not all will ohm approx

1000-1100 ohms at room temp ) or relay board ( found it on the parts break down for your model ).

sensor

board assembly

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

The problem was the relay circuit board. It was blackened and shorted out by a pot of overflowing water. A new circuit board and all is well. Thanks!

Reply to
todlum

I couldn't find replacement boards anywhere for my Modern Maid Model #: FDU186

2B. I sent my relay control board to
They have an impressive video showing a very professional set of tests they can run to ensure the board is working. They fixed it and requested that I also send the relay circuit board based on the description of my problem (an endless beeeeep), so I ended up sending in both boards. They were quick, professional, responsive, the price was very reasonable, and most importantly my oven is now working again. Saved me from a pretty major kitchen renovation.
Reply to
Jake