Miller Furnace - trailer

Hi All this is my first post to this group. I have a miller trailer furnace in my home it uses a Hot surface ignitor, we have 2 problems with it #1 it eats up HSI's at least 2 a winter.
#2 prior to the HSI going south I can read a good resistance on the thing - however the furnace does not always ignite, you hear the click but then it just continues to prime.
thanks Sandie
thanks for any info

thing -

this is Turtle.
HSI do go out but not anywhere the time limits you stated. Every 5 to 8 years sound like it.
The only thing that I can think of right now is. When the Tech / Brother / friend / who ever installs the HSI. Tell him to not touch the heating element of the HSI with his fingers or get anything on the element while installing it. If you grap the element with your fingers, Your just about sure it will burn up in a very short time. Most of the time it will not make a month or so. You have oil on al parts of your skin and you will kill it if you touch it with your fingers.
TURTLE

my
it
make
if
Agreed, and, lets add this..
IF its got the older Robertshaw HSI control, there was a recall on a couple of numbers, and this Miller MIGHT have one. Nordyne/Miller didnt use many, but a few. Also, I would not put the SC unit back in there, but instead use a ceramic replacement...

What does HSI stand for? What is it?

my
it
/
make
if
this is Turtle.
HSI Stands for Hot Surface Ignitor. It is a element like a cigerette lighter in a car that glows red hot to the point of glowing white hot. The HSI will ignite any gas or burniable fuel as it passes it. It usely is use to ignite natural gas for naturl gas furnaces.
There is 3 types of ignitors.
1) HSI . 2) Spark -- Like a spark plug in a car spark plug. 3) Standing pilot -- Pilot lite [ flame ] burning already to ignite the fuel.
TURTLE