metal post holder

I am planning for a fence for my back yard. I really like the metal fence post holders since this is new construction and despite rolling the rock hound to get rid of rocks, there are still a lot of rocks around. I also plan to incrementaly expand the fence toward the back of the lot as funding becomes available so I need to move the back section of fencing. I searched the local home stores. These things are very convenient but at $14 US a bit pricey. Hey, I know you pay for convevenience. Has anyone found these elsewhere?
I even thought about making my own - anyone done this?

I would like a link to what you are asking about, I might have an opinion then.
JTMcC.
On 27 Jan 2004 11:19:20 -0800, someone wrote:

I only see them used for mailboxes. A fence that you intended to pull up, yeah OK. Personally I would not try to use them for a fence of any substance. But then when I have fence put in, I hire a guy with a drill mounted on a "bobcat" loader. Twenty years ago, I have rented a post hole digger and done it myself. Single-handed, I preferred the motor cart with an arm on it for the drill head. Those motor on top of the shaft ones, are best handled by two people, or at least the ones back then were.

No, I would not waste my time. Hard for me to imagine that you would have enough of an advantage duplicating a mass produced generic item that can be machine made by the thousands in factories, to make it worth your while. Do you already own the needed metal working equipment? How much for the materials? Any time & materials to make fixtures or jigs? Then how much time to make each one? Most people would probably be better of getting a 2nd job at Walmart and then using the money to buy the postholders.
-v.
v wrote:

I used them for our subdivision's mailboxes. They work OK but are REALLY hard to get to go in straight into rocky soil.
On Wednesday, January 28, 2004 12:06:33 PM UTC+8, Bill Seurer wrote:

On Wednesday, January 28, 2004 12:06:33 PM UTC+8, Bill Seurer wrote:

On Wednesday, January 28, 2004 12:06:33 PM UTC+8, Bill Seurer wrote:

Galvanized post holder can support fence post/mailbox.Ground screw with full stirrup have better road holding ability.