Memories of my childhood toilet

When I was a child, I'd sit on the "throne", take a poop, do the necessary paperwork, pull the flush handle. and go back to playing with my toys with a smile on my face.

These were the good old days....... With good old toilets......

As an adult there have been several changes.

#1. It's no longer called "poop", it's not called "shit". #2. I dont play with toys anymore, I do home and auto repair instead. #2. I can no longer flush the damn toilet and walk away. I now have to babysit the god-damn toilet so it dont overflow. I have to stand there at least 5 minutes, flush it at least 3 times, and use a plunger at least once. Then I can finally walk away with a pissed off attitude.

These "low water usage toilets" (what a joke), never flush the shit down without user intervention. The old toilets used 5 to 7 gallons of water. The new ones use 3.5 gallons. That's 3.5 gallons TIMES at least 3 flushes, EQUALS 10.5 gallons.

I guess this is what they call progress !!!!

Give me the GOOD OLD DAYS with GOOD OLD TOILETS !

Reply to
letterman

Some people just crap too big. Take a stool softener. I used to have to keep a butter knife near the toilet because a relative's crap had to be sliced up before it would go down. Don't they make a super crapper for these people?

Reply to
Claude Hopper

Try Toyo brand. Mine cost $700, but it's been worth every penny.

Reply to
Richard Evans

The 3.5 gallon toilets are obsolete. In 1995, National Energy Policy Act (H.R. 776) went into effect, which mandate maximum 1.6 gallon per flush toilets.

Reply to
Hugh Woods

Wow! A news flash. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

There are plenty of old used ones for sale around any remodeling project.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

I bought low flow toilets for my old house and they worked great.

I picked them up cheap at HD. Don't remember the model but I think they were Am. Standard.

Reply to
retired54

You may want to look at this:

Chris

That's why people smuggle the old style plumbing fixtures into the country. Some pay a premium for recycled old style toilets. When the plumbing inspector leaves, they yank out the low flow potty and install a good old 3 gallon john. It's the same thing with those infernal low flow shower heads, etc.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Red Green posted for all of us...

He only does #1 & #2 so what does he need a #3 for? Hmmm, WHAT is a #3?

Reply to
Tekkie®

I have a 1.6GPF can in my master bath (a cheap HD thing, maybe an Elger?) that can hardly get rid of a kleenex on a standard flush, but it does get rid of piss.

The trick of it, I've found, is in the technique. The tank actually holds 4 or 5 gallons of water. If I just tap the handle, the flapper quickly close after dispensing the required 1.6 gallons. But if I hold the flush handle down, the tank merrily dumps all five gallons into the bowl, which has never failed to send any amount of thick sticky shit sailing away. Doesn't take a trice, and less time than it takes to plunge and reflush. Since I piss a good deal more often than I shit (thank you BP meds), the average GPF still works out to be a lot less than a traditional fixture.

Reply to
Scott

pressure assisted toliets are loud, espically at nite. the flush sounds like a aircraft taking off. not good when you have kids.

canada still has the 3.5 gallon flushers, you can bring them over the border in your vehicle. in sm,all quanties.

you can buy them on e bay for a fortune

I was told several years ago the law banning 3.5 gallon was relaxed in the US.

12 years ago we remolded, replaced old reliable flusher with a brand new low flow one. it was the bggest mistake of that remodel.........
Reply to
hallerb

What happens if we get Obama in the White House? No flushing at all?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

#3 is when you get much, much older and nothing works properly.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I heard of a toilet, if you lifted the handle it was 1.0 galon, to depress the handle delivers the "full" 1.6, scuse me while I shiver and dry heave at typing "full 1.6 galons".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Replace it with a Toto. Flush not much louder than the old one and I have never once had to 'reflush' in 2 years.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I second that, though as you can see here, they aren't cheap.

I paid $700 for mine several years ago.

Reply to
Richard Evans