Maytag refrigerator noise

This is a brand new Maytag MFD 2561 HEW refrigerator. Sometimes when the compressor is running it makes a obnoxious tapping sound. It is not the ice maker. THis is my second unit. The first unit came the wrong color and I had it for a week and it did not make this tapping sound. Any ideas? It seems to keep temperature in refrig and freezer fine.
If it is brand new call the dealer or Maytag to have it checked, it could be normal or maybe a noisy freezer fan motor....Have it checked out while it is still under warranty.
probably condenser fan blade hitting shroud, I agree no reason for you to fix it when brand new and under warranty.
--
hiebs
The noise is intermittent so getting the repair guy there at the right time to hear it might be a problem. Does not sound like a fan blade hitting something noise. More like a popping that sometimes happens when the compressor first turns on but sometimes it doesn't happen when the compressor turns on. There are randon pops for maybe a minute and then it stop if it happens at all.

Aunt Bee! Call the man!
Could be any of a bunch of things, and all of them something the distributor should fix.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
MrAppliance1 wrote:

My Frigidaire states that it makes gurgling and popping noises, and it does. They did NOT provide that information prior to my buying it, or I would have bought a Whirlpool. I should have bought a Whirlpool anyway. - udarrell - Darrell
--
Free Dish Network Satellite System TV Certificate to promote your business
opportunities! You can call your friends and give them the GIFT of a FREE