Maytag Performa - Tub crashing, washer moves.

I have an 8 or 9 yr old Maytag Performa washer. It has the plastic tub. I lost the manual and don't have the model #. Is it somewhere on the machine?
Most times during the spin cycle, the tub hits hard and loud inside the washer. It is hard enough where the washer moves. I have to adjust the wash to make the tub more balanced, then it's fine for the remaining load. Only happens once per load, but is a pain sometimes.
What is this? Worth fixing? TIA

It sounds like one of those rubber bumpers inside has come loose. I'm sure an expert will step up and tell you more exactly. You can probably put it back on.
J J wrote:

Hi,
The manual is not on the washer, but the model# normaly is...unless someone has removed it... http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

Slow draining, worn suspension snubber/springs, both...the acual cause would have to be investigated.

Something that may help.... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&NB2276 Performa top load washer manual Service manual, washer.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J J) wrote:

Mine does the same thing. It's supposed to shut off when the load os unbalanced but it doesn't and that causes it to slide on the floor. I tried putting a rubber lining (the kind you use for drawer liners, folded over once or twice) under the legs of the machine with limited success.