Maytag Model 90 Series dryer

I have a maytag model 90 series gas dryer. The motor sounds a little funny and after the unit is run for a load the motor stops. Then if I try to start it, it will not operate. If the unit sits for a while, it will again operate. I know this is a thermal issue, but I was under the impression there is a thermal fuse, which will pop when the tempurature becomes excessive and is not resetable.
Also, when the end of a cycle comes, the buzzer does not sound, it just quits operating. Another thing I noticed, if I set the knob for a new cycle the panel has clicking sound (is this a timer or a selenoid?). Any way, I never noticed this sound befor, or maybe I just never paid any attention.
Is this a selonoid or the motor going bad? One other thing, I did check for excessive lint adn cleaned everything out.
Thanks
Hi,

Model#?? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

http://www.applianceaid.com/may_motor_dryer.html Some common motor troubles.

Thermal fuses open up and stay open, safety switch built into the motor can shut the motor off and cooldown and reset after sitting a while.

Timer motor can make a "ticking" noise when the timer is running.

jeff. ApplianceRepair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /

Sorry, that doesn't help. The model *number* from the model and serial number plate on the appliance is required to tell which machine design you have. You can find tips for locating the model number tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.

It sounds like the motor is cutting out on its internal overload protector. If it's not just plugged with lint and overheating, the motor is likely defective and needs to be replaced.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Maytag+dryer
=~~~~~~
Is replacing the motor a do it yourself job? I can't imagine it would be too difficult (or am I wrong?)

Hi,
Most times replacing a dryer motor is not a bad job :) Sometimes the fan blower or pulley get jammed onto the motor and are replaced at the same time.
Did you find that model#?