Maytag MAV6000 Very noisy when spinning

Hi, I have a 6.5 years old Maytag Atlantis Washer (MAV6000). Just a few weeks ago the washer started making lots of noise during spinning cycle on colours or whites (OK on delicates). I found some info on the net that suggested replacing Trust Bearings & Drive Belt. I bought the parts and replaced them, but it did not fix my problem (though both parts were very worn, so replacing them may not have been a bad idea). I also bought the Service Manual for this washer, so I am learning more about it. It seesms to me that the noise is generated by the outer tab hitting the metal enclousure (not 100% sure). Would this suggest that the problem has to do with susspension ? The six springs are not tight enough ? I have taken the top & front pannels out, and noticed "white powder" right at the bottom of the washer, on the suspension housing. Is it normal ? Perhaps some parts got worned out ? Any help/ideas will be appreciated. Cheers. Hubert

Wasn't long ago I got sidetracked looking for all the odd stuff you've looked at. Turned out to be a drywall screw caught in one of the holes in the basket.
Happy modeming, Bill
One of the most common problems with noise in an MAV washer is something in the pump. It makes a screeching noise when in spin. Just change the pump. Unplug the washer. Take off the front. Remove the belt from underneath. Remove the pump's hoses and 3 3/8" bolts. Replace with new pump. Finish by putting on belt, plug in and test.
Important: remove the finned insert from the old pump and put into the new pump.
vincom had written this in response to http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Maytag-MAV6000-Very-noisy-when-spinning-184544-.htm :
forgot to add the link to the site on repairing the bearing http://maytagwasherrepair.googlepages.com/index.html ------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 281996 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
vincom had written this in response to http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Maytag-MAV6000-Very-noisy-when-spinning-183814-.htm :
I HAD TO REPLACE THE SPIN BEARING ON MY MAYTAG ATLANTIS WASHER MAV9750, it was making a loud noise during sin cycle, like a bad bearing would make, jet engine kind of noise, i did replace the bearing and made a web site with pictures on how to do it, since it almost takes all the parts out, it will show you how to get to most of the parts in the machine, and i also included links for downloading the repair manual, and parts at appliance parts pros web site ------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@mountaincable.net wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 281996 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

I had one like that. It would bounce and gyrate all over the place. We were honeymooners at the time. One day, we tried the Big Nasty with her sitting on the machine. Holy Cow! It was incredible, and the noise of the machine muffled her screams. We enjoyed it for nearly two years, then one day, it blew the motor mounts and a couple of other things. Guess it had its own orgasm. If you have a machine like these, at least try it before you fix it.
Steve

this is my experience repairing the maytag washer Atlantis mav series 9750 aww, I had to replace the spin bearing since it was making a jet engine noise when it was spinning out the water. its not an easy job for my 1st time taking this machine apart, you literally take it all apart to get to this bearing, but now I can show how to do it with pictures making it easier for you to do it. even if you have to replace something other than the spin bearing, this how to tutorial will show you how to get to most of the parts in this machine http://maytagwasherrepair.googlepages.com/index.html