Maytag ice maker burned up boards

hello, i have a 6 y.o. Maytag side by side 25 cu.ft. thru the door ice dispenser fridge that has burned up 2 ice dispenser control boards (the original & a replacement i installed), the second fried the instant i touched the dispenser button. i also replaced the solenoid. i've heard scuttlebut that Maytag had problems with these, anyone know anything about these, or have any suggestions or answers? thanks in advance.

I HAD a maytag of similar vintage and the icemaker and associated parts required a service call almost every year. I had an extended warranty on it. The least dependable refrigerator I've ever owned.
coach wrote:

Check with the gurus at repaircliniic.com. Odds are they will have some good advice especially if the it is a generic problem. Good place to buy repair parts and with their instructions, avoid having the new part get fried. Good luck.
Joe
Joe wrote:

repairclinic.com is where i got the replacement part that fried the second time. their suggestion wasto get a 2nd opinion (i had Whirlpool "look" @ it, which is all he did, his suggestion was to "reach into the freezer to get the ice out") short of payting $330 to get it fixed by them.