Maytag dishwasher recall proof of destruction

Our Maytag dishwasher was recalled. Since it is almost eight years old and I dislike the spray tower in the middle of the bottom rack, we decided to take the $75 off on a new dishwasher. The web page says that we will need a "proof of destruction" of the old dishwasher to get the $75. (We have not yet received the forms from Maytag.)
What kind of "proof" do they require? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,

The forms you get will state what constitutes valid proof of destruction

I'm sure they will specify. I means you have to make it unusable in some manner. Perhaps a photo or a receipt from your local dealer that picked it up when you buy the new unit.