Maytag agitator oil leak

My Maytag washer is leaking a black oil during wash cycle which smears on our clothes, etc. I have removed the agitator and cleaned the oily buildup from the shaft. As I wiggled the shaft, the oily fluid came out of the shaft hub top. I removed the little washer ring which covers the seal which seems to be where the fluid comes up from. Does the seam need replacement or is it more involved than that? Shaft bearing replacement? How does one remove the hub, etc. Thanks
Roger
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:25:41 -0500, roger wrote:

How old is the washer?
roger wrote:

More involved. _________________

Transmission IIRC _________________

Call a repairman; not being facetious, that's my best advice, been there.
BTW, don't wash anymore clothes, the oil/grease won't come out of them.
--

dadiOH