Maytag A308 intake leaking

we have a really old Maytag A308 that works just fine in general BUT for some reason has developed a leak. If you follow the cold water in pipe you meet a tube with holes in it. Inside the tube is another tube with some kind of regulator ( you can tell I'l an expert can't you) the water is spraying out through the holes in the outer tube BUT we can't see why it has suddenly started to do this OR how to resolve it. Any help would be appreciated.
--
Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his
intelligence; he is just using his memory.

Thanks Jeff you are a star as always, you helped me once before and that turned out well. Thanks again for your help.

Your welcome! If you get a chance let us know how the repair goes :)
To Jeff
your solution worked like a champ thanks for all your help
Hp
--
Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his
intelligence; he is just using his memory.

Glad to hear that :)
Thankx for the update!!