Maytag A308 intake leaking

we have a really old Maytag A308 that works just fine in general BUT for some reason has developed a leak. If you follow the cold water in pipe you meet a tube with holes in it. Inside the tube is another tube with some kind of regulator ( you can tell I'l an expert can't you) the water is spraying out through the holes in the outer tube BUT we can't see why it has suddenly started to do this OR how to resolve it. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
harry palmer

Hi,

-Sounds- like the water is leaking at the airator in the fill system....very common leaking area as it gets calcium built up inside and/or sometimes a hole wears in the bladder part. Easy repair.....replace it.

tube & nozzle kit.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Thanks Jeff you are a star as always, you helped me once before and that turned out well. Thanks again for your help.

Reply to
harry palmer

Your welcome! If you get a chance let us know how the repair goes :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

To Jeff

your solution worked like a champ thanks for all your help

Hp

Reply to
harry palmer

Glad to hear that :)