MaxLite Bulbs: GARBAGE! DON'T BUY THEM!

MAXLITE - LIARS SELLING GARBAGE AND CHEATING CONSUMERS!

MaxLite claims on their packaging that their "spiralmax" compact flourescent bulbs last an average of 10,000 hours. That's a LIE!

They also state their bulbs "Will produce 9 years of trouble-free use." ANOTHER LIE!

I've had about 8 of these bulbs over the past 2 to 3 years, and NONE have lasted for more than a few hundred hours of use, some much less. Upon my calling the company to return the first for a warrantee replacement, the MaxLite scammers had the collosal nerve to request $4.00 for the replacement. I originally paid around $10 retail for it, but even $4 would be much more than it's worth.

They sent a free replacement upon my threatening them with complaints to consumer protection agencies for false advertising, but I first had to pay the cost of shipping the defective bulb to them.

And so it has been - the bulb lasts only a short time, I have to mail it back, and they send a replacement no better than the last one that prematurely failed. These liars obviously count on the fact that most people will just throw out the bad one and buy another with no thought about the warrantee.

I'm fed up - and I'm using the old, reliable incandescent bulbs again.

BOYCOTT MAXLITE!

Reply to
Honest Abe

In message , Honest Abe writes

Phillips CONMEN selling SHIT compact fluorescent lamps that DON'T LAST as long as they SAY ON THE PACKAGING...... BASTARDS!

LIGHTS OF AMERICA _SHIT_ they're selling lamps that get all HOT and CRAP OUT at just a few MONTHS use.... BOLLOCKS!!!!

Cheap CHINESE crappy DOLLAR STORE compact fluorescents!!! How are we supposed to know the COLOUR TEMPERATURE data means they're all going to be BLUEY WHITE. SLANTY EYED willow patterned RICE MUNCHERS!

Generic Electric Corp and their TWISTY long life LOW ENERGY compact fluorescent lamps. UNTIL you put them in an ENCLOSED FIXTURE, when they go BOOM and make a BAD SMELL. RAVING SPUNK MONKEYS!

They all BUZZ and take ages to LIGHT UP FULLY, then when you DIM them they go FOOMP! And drip MOLTEN plastic onto your DINNER. What do these MORONS think they're DOING!

Then the ones that do LAST a while go a bit DIM! Not like they EVER were as BRIGHT as a 100W lamp IN THE FIRST PLACE! And they DON'T even make my chandelier SPARKLE like the old lamps did.

And did I mention RADIO INTERFERENCE! How do they expect a TINY little CHOKE the size of a resistor to STOP it! They might as well LEAVE IT OUT and quite frankly the CHEAP ones DO!!!!

And as for that ACTIVE air PUMP for cooling the TRANSISTORS. It's JUST a bunch of FRICKIN' holes in the CASE!

AMALGAM my ARSE! It's defective bits that make the RATTLING noise.

I could just SCREAM!!!!! AAAAAARGH!

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

Well, don't put them in enclosed fixtures.

Actually I have about 6 of them in enclosed fixtures (I think they were GE) and I have not have any problems with them and they are lasting at least as long as the standard lamps they replaced. Did you notice if they indicated that they could be used in an enclosed fixture?

I believe if you would have read the package, it would have said they can not be used with standard dimmers or maybe no dimmers at all.

You mean the moron you see in the mirror?

Mine are brighter.

Well what do you know.

I get no interference. Maybe it is that cheap radio you have. :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

| I'm fed up - and I'm using the old, reliable incandescent bulbs again.

Me, too. But not because I experienced the problem you had, but because I just don't like the type of light they produce. I'm going for the low voltage high color temperature halogens with a few incandescent lights at line voltage to provide low color temperature mood lighting. Then I will top that off with some LED lights run from DC with battery backup for safety and emergency lighting in case the generator runs out of fuel.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

In message , Zak writes

Nah, they're available in the UK too, but not as popular as the straight tube versions due to their extra expense.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell