Max number of cables through romex connectors

I've searched for the answer to this question, but can't find a definitive answer:
Does the NEC allow more than one romex cable through a romex connector? 2 cables will easily fit a 1/2" fitting, and if I can't run 2 cables, I'll be running short of knockouts on the bottom of the box.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
Rob
P.S. - I will be having my rough electrical inspection shortly, and want to make sure I run the wires correctly.....
The connectors I'm using are from Halex. I don't have the part number for the 3/8" ones I've used for 14/2 and 12/2, but the 3/4" ones I used for the 10/2 and larger are part no 20512. I went to their web site but found no indication of how many cables are approved, and there is no comments or notes on the package stating how many. I sent a note to their support asking.
Thanks for the info.
Rob

definitive
2