Cables through wall

I need to poke quite a few (9 ish) audio/video/network cables through a single brick wall. How would you make it look 'professional' as opposed to a pile of cables going into a hole? I'd prefer not to terminate at the wall, just go directly into the kit. Cover the hole with a surface back box and grommet out maybe? TIA.

Reply to
brass monkey

I've put a 1.75 inch plastic pipe through the wall with a 135 degree bend on each end facing downwards. And pushed a polystyrene plug in the outside to stop wind and insects from coming in.

Reply to
Matty F

Steve Lupton

Rather then use grommets I'd be inclined to remove the entire bottom face of the box and route the leads out loosely through there. That's assuming that it isn't too high on the wall, so the bottom is invisible. Then leads can be added or removed easily, and you don't have the problem of getting the connector through a narrow hole and a grommet. Be generous when cutting the hole in the wall, and stuff it with foam to impede draughts, noise, insects, etc.

For a few small leads you can get away with using a face plate right against the wall, with notches filed in its lower face.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Last time I did this, I put one of these over them, and routed them down

minus the large connection block!)

But I like the look of that brush one posted by Steve!

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

The polystyrene will possibly attack the outer insulation in time. Best to use sponge foam (polythene?) instead.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin