Manhole Risers

I would like to add a couple of risers to the manholes of my septic tank. The tank is a concrete unit with 24" openings. I've been told that there are concrete as well as plastic risers. I was wondering which is best and how would you seal the risers to the tank? Also if anyone knows where I might buy risers it would be appreciated.

Thanks Joe

Reply to
Joe

Look in yellow pages under concrete/septic

The concrete risers fit right in where the cap(s) are now..then the same cap(s) go on top of the riser.

Ours were 12" and were $ 35.00 IIRC

Reply to
Rudy

If you don't mind the smell you could use a water meter enclosure from Home Depot. There is a reason they bury those things. You have to be careful you don't upset the chemistry in the tank.

Reply to
gfretwell

Matt Howell

I'm not the one looking for the riser, I already installed one. The original concrete lid remains in place, and the riser cover has a gasketed lid. IOW, no smell. Since one doesn't even have to remove the original concrete lid to install the riser, there is no danger of "upsetting the chemistry of the tank."

Reply to
Matt Howell