Maintenance at 1700 feet

Page 2 of 2

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 18:17:09 -0400, Paul Franklin

There's stuff on Youtube about that. Here's one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tzga6qAaBA

Some people will do anything for money (-:
--Vic
On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:36:29 -0500, Vic Smith

Yikes, those guys even get off the chopper onto the lines!!!!
In the article I have, they just work from the chopper.
NFW I say, N--F--W!!
Thanks for the link, that's a keeper.
Paul F.

parachute down.

I was wondering why the guys were not wearing a chute of some sort. Aside from the size that could be a problem, it would be a good safety precaution at that height.

Ummm, yeah... Imagine catching your ripcord on something up there and having the chute open unexpectedly... (Imagine what the wind is like on a GOOD day up there.)
Besides, if you fell, you'd probably be impaled on something before you could open the chute to have it shredded by the tower anyway...
I think the part that worried me most was when he got to the very top. It looked like he just leaned against the pole and let go with both hands to get his carabiner. Can you say "wind gust"? I knew you could...