Lubricant leaking out of agitator shaft

I'm getting lubricant leaking out of the base of the agitator shaft on an old Hotpoint washer. I assume a seal has blown. Is this something that's repairable?
Thanks
Every Washing Machine I have ever owned had repairable seals. You may need a few hand tools but nothing special to repair it.
Go for it!
Jeff Doc wrote:

Is it belt or gear driven? If it's gear driven and you have a solid transmision, it's most likely bad. Here is a great websight, among many, that may help you out. http://www.american-appliance.com/service_pages/wp_dd_wash/ddwashdiag.htm I have 162 washing machines I have to keep going and I've found this sight very helpfull. Also try this one http://www.applianceaid.com/washers.html FYI, incase you did not know, Hotpoint is a GE product when looking for help on these sights. Doc wrote: