Lowes or Best Buy for delivery and installation of dishwasher

Lowes and Best Buy have the dishwasher we want for about the same price. We do not want to install the dishwasher ourselves.

Which would be better, Lowes or Best Buy, for the delivery and change out installation of a dishwasher? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Reply to
Daniel Prince

No experience with Lowes for appliances. Within the last 5 years, have had a fridge and a washer delivered and installed by Best Buy. Things went smoothly both times.

Of course, with a fridge and a washer, installation consists of plug it in and connect the water - a little more complicated installing a dishwasher, although the basic concept is the same.

Rather than have them haul off the old appliances, I take them to Goodwill or Deseret and donate them, get a little bit back at tax time. The Best Buy delivery guys even helped me load the old fridge on my pickup.

Jerry

Reply to
jerry_maple

Neither. You may be amazed that your local dealer can now be competitive on price and be superior on service. They belong to buying co-ops and can sell at the same price as the big box stores. The local guy usually has superior service.

When my freezer died I had one in an hour. When I bought a new washer, it was three hours, my DW did take a day to have installed. At least give them a try.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

mostly depends on the local store and who they use for delivery & setup.

Which would be better, Lowes or Best Buy, for the delivery and change out installation of a dishwasher? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Reply to
newman

I agree. I bought a new fridge, washer and dryer from a local family owned business. They were just as competitive as HD, but their price included delivery and installation, so they were actually cheaper. They were also far more knowledgable about the appliances. Also, they were great about replacing the refrigerator with a different model, because of problems we were having with it shortly after they installed it.

Reply to
TH

There is a local dealer that we have used in the past but their web site does not list Whirlpool in the brands that they sell and we have decided to get the Whirlpool DU1055XTSQ. I looked in the phone book and all I found were repair businesses and one that seems to sell only Maytag.

Do you know of a good dealer near Gardena CA (near the intersection of the 110 and 91 freeways) that sells Whirlpool dishwashers?

Reply to
Daniel Prince

Why not just call and ask? Often dealers work with certain brands (that help pay the advertsing), but have access to most any brand. Since you already know exactly what you want, he may be able to offer you an even better price since he has little effort to make the sale. It will only take a minute to find out.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Amen!

If you are DIY, then use the "big box" store. They still will haul away the old machine (you have to do the disconnect) and place the new machine in the kitchen.

If you have an "installation" it's often by sub-contractors who only answer to the "big box" store. The pure delivery guys (both Lowe's and Best Buy) are (around here, at least) employees. In the case of a clotheswasher, they went ahead and "installed" it was nice of them because I didn't pay extra for it.

A dishwasher install can get complicated and it's better to have someone who can replace a drain pipe, etc, if needed.

Reply to
John Gilmer

The local appliance store had no issue with hauling away the old appliance. And the nice part is they are very easy to work with and dependable. I asked if they could call my cell about a half hour before they would be there so I could meet them. They gave me an approximate time and then the guy called when he was on his way. That way I didn't have to waste the day waiting for the big box store delivery on "Wednesday".

Reply to
George

If you already have a dishwasher in place, then you can install it yourself. Really. The hardest part is overcoming the fear factor.

When I got the quote for installing the dishwasher I choked.

I'm not the handiest person in the world but I read the installation instructions and followed them step-by-step. I never installed a dishwasher before.

Don't think I'm a big mucho-macho person. I'm tiny and I fought with it for a few hours. I had to chisel away at some wood to make it fit but it's invisible. I saved several hundred dollars.

Of course, make sure that you turn off the electrical breaker first and test for water leaks afterwards before you add the decorative panel at the bottom. I ran several loads before adding the panel.

Reply to
Julie