Low Voltage Ceiling Fan

I installed a ceiling fan (with a light fixture) in my house (along with a universal fan remote) that came with a fan hookup.
It had been working well for the past 6 months, but, now suddenly it seems to be not working properly.
The high setting of the fan is very slow and the light is very dull (almost like a night lamp though its around 200 w total).
Any thoughts?
Thanks
SR.
If there are any pull chain switches on the fan, be sure they are set to "hi". You could also try to reset the transmitter and receiver

Thanks. That certainly brought the fan speed back to normal.
The lights are still very dim.
How do I reset the transmitter/receiver? I had a spare remote that I bought for another room and I set it to this code and tried to use it. That didn't improve the light intensity.
SR.
Resetting these things varies. I think you'd need to find the instructions that came with the devices. There is no wall dimming control in this circuit that may be affecting the lights?

Immediate reaction from here is that you may have a wire nut that has worked loose given the dim 200W lamp. Try accessing the input wirung and snug it all up tight. A typical problem with high wattage lamp sockets, though, is that the center terminal sags under the heat and lessens the contact and makes the light dim. In more unusual cases a reallty cheap socket will undergo partial failure from the molded plastic distorting. The remedy is to replace the socket with a robust china type from any good electrical distributor. HTH
Joe