loud buzzing coming from control panel of Kenmore range

Hi all.
There's a LOUD buzzing sound coming from the control panel of my Kenmore range. I don't know how old the range is, because it came with the apartment. But, it's one of those sleek stainless-steel types, so it can't be that old.
All burners work, and so does the oven. But the buzzing is driving me crazy!!! Anyone else experience this.
If it's helpful, the model is 665.95823003.
Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi,
Looks like 2 possible trouble makers ( you may not know which unless you have a peek/listen to them )...
Clock has a transformer on it... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N8995 Electronic control board.
Seperate transformer... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N4525 Transformer.
If it has an analog clock on it,could it be the timer? Older models had a timer on the clock by pushing in the clock adjuster. To shut it off, you moved the timer indicator to the 12 o' clock position.
My stove has a mechanical busser/alarm on it. when the timer gets to the end of the cycle, the buzzer starts buzzing. It is tough to shut off. It is so bad sometimes that the wife wants a new stove:-). everything else works ok. maybe you have the same prob. My stove is a whirlpool, I think they make the Kenmore for Sears also.
Stretch
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

had quite working last year. I replaced the whole timer,clock and other stuff in that module. Cost over $100. Not hard to do.

Had the same complaint. Its mechanical so its "screw-up-able" If it has a striker arm pull back the striker so that it doesn't touch the noisemaker. If something else dampen the sound by gluing on felt or just use that double sided tape with a foam core.
I'll check the alarm angle, although I cut the power to the range and the buzzing was still there when I put the power back on... it's a digital clock...
thanks, everyone for responding!