Looking for Water Flow Sensor for PVC pipe

I'm looking to see if there is flow in the line of a 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" PVC pipe. I'd like to check to be sure that if a pump is running that there is Flow in the pipe. So the flow will be more than just a simple faucet on.
Any Recommendations?
Thanks, Scott<-
http://www.flowmeters.com/products/index.cfm?task=pgDetail&pgID "&gclid=CMGRqPmX2YoCFSYqIgodU1kByg
--
Steve Barker

"Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
Thanks for the Link. Though for my home project I think its a bit much. Having the Flow rate would be super if it was under $100, I need at least 3 of them.
Seems like there are many out there that give you the actual GPM, though I just need a is there or is there not flow. Just a simple contact.
Thanks, Scott<-

Scott Townsend wrote:

Delete cross-post to you know who...
You might insert a TEE in the line with a stub sticking up. Implant 2 stainless wires in the stub and use an electronic circuit to detect water between the 2 probes.
If the pressure won't be high enough to rise above the pipe, just insert the probes into the horizontal run.
Plain water has enough conductivity to trip a reasonably sensitive circuit without getting complicated.
A float switch might work too, depending on the flow/pressure available.
Jim
Clear PVC check valves????: <http://www.clearpvcpipe.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category5
You could get an old fire alarm bell that is water driven, but the sound will be deafening. You could create an audible or light generating indicator with a flow monitor like this: http://www.thewateralarm.com /
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

is
There are plenty of companies that make flow switches, but I'm not sure you can find something in a consumer price range. Try a local plumbing supply or two to get an idea what's available and how much they cost.
A quick search on google for "Cheap liquid flow switch" came up with this: http://www.koboldusa.com/flow/s3-pps.htm
www.wwgrainger.com has some as low as ~$45 but not for 1"+ pipe. I wonder whether you could splice a small diameter bypass into your large pipe and put the (inexpensive) switch on the bypass. If flow was sufficiently robust, there might be enough water moving in the small pipe to trip the switch.
|===Switch==| small pipe --|-----------|------------ --------------------------- Big pipe
Scott Townsend wrote:

is
http://www.mcdonnellmiller.com/pdf/install_instr/MM-601C.pdf
Bob

You might look here:
http://www.thomasprod.com/product2.htm
specifically the 1800 or 2600 series. Click on the model numbers to see their prices. The 1800 series runs from about $40-50.
Thank you all for your links and Suggestions.
I'll Post Pictures of the 'Master Piece' when I'm closer... (-;
Thanks! Scott<-

CLEAR PVC is available. If the line is accesible you can just look and see the water flowing!
I used some 3 inch to build kids games, where ping pong balls float in water in the tube.
Clear is Great though I'm looking for a Switch that I can hook up to the Pump Controller. I want to be sure that if I turn the Pump on, that there is flow. If not turn the Pump off and then have it send a message to my phone that there is an issue with the Pump.
Thanks, Scott<-

CLEAR PVC is available. If the line is accesible you can just look and see the water flowing!
I used some 3 inch to build kids games, where ping pong balls float in water in the tube.
CLEAR PVC is available. If the line is accesible you can just look and see the water flowing!
Where would one get clear PVC?
Bob
There are plenty of sources, here is an easy one:
http://www.clearpvcpipe.com /
______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net