Looking for retailer in Toronto selling 2-part epoxy concrete floor paint

Hi,
I'm preparing to paint my concrete garage floor and am having trouble finding a retailer who sells 2-part epoxy concrete floor paint. I've tried the local Home Depot but they only sell Behr 1-part epoxy. I don't believe the solid content is high so that the film build is not enough and I'm sceptical about the longevity of the finish.
I have about 40 square meters to cover which is about 5 liters per coat. I'm thinking of two coats.
Can any one point me to a GTA retailer who may carry the product I'm looking for? Thank in advance.
- Rob.
I have used the 1-part Behr product. Re-did my garage floor in 1999 with one coat of their special primer and two coats of the finish product. This was on new concrete with full acid etch and wash prior to coating the floor.
The finish is still sound but a little discoloured with salt residue. I am thinking of a gentle power wash and a third coat this year to freshen up the finish. I live just north of Toronto in Markham.
Try a good paint store that sells major brands, they can tell you what 2-part is available, better still check out the major brands specifications on-line to see if they have what you want. I know there is a supplier in Toronto that manufactures coatings for shop and warehouse floors, you may have to dig to find it, as I don't recall their name.

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 17:12:53 -0400, "Eric Tonks"

I'm putting the finish on unpainted concrete (garage is 18 years old so the floor is not fresh). I'll do something similar to you .. fill and patch any cracks, holes or nicks, sand, etch, prime and paint, unless I find a ready-primed epoxy paint.

I popped into Home Hardware today and noticed that they have a paint sale until 18 June. Even better, they have Rustoleum 2 part epoxy garage floor paint kit for $10 off -- regulatly $100, now $90. Four kits will do two coats of a two car garage. I checked some more and found an industrial supplier in Scarborough, Auklands-Grainger. They sell all sorts of Rustoleum epoxy finishes and I think I will contact them Monday. Rustoleum produce an Industrial version of the epoxy kit that has higher film build (16mils), tougher abraision resistance and greater coverage.
Thanks for the help,Eric.

Have used the prod from auklands-grainger wiht good success, rona.ca at kennedy and 401 seems to carry a great selection and has knowledgable staff. Surface prep is everything, make sure you etch till it hurts, specially on any staind spots. You plan on rolling or spraying the finish?
-- Troweller^nospam^@canada.com
Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.
wrote:

one
was
am
the
specifications
On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 01:12:49 -0400, "ConcreteFinishing&StuccoGuy"

Thanks. That Rona is close to where I live so I'll look them up today.

Rolling it on. Spraying is messy and needs lots of cleanup afterwards. I can just toss the roller cover after I'm finished.
Use the Rustoleum Labor-Saver 2-part epoxy (the solvent is xylene, and is available here in the states). In my experience, the water-based epoxies do not have the durability of the organic-solvent epoxies. As stated below, prep is everything (and don't drive on it for days). Use rollers that are for solvent-based finishes, and you will have a phenomenal floor. Every time I do one of these floors, I swear I will never do it again (given the amount of work), but the end product looks so good, that I will.
Rob wrote:

Rob ( snipped-for-privacy@doglover.com) said...

I know last fall Home Depots in the Toronto area did carry a 2-part epoxy product. It came in a kit for about $90-$100 that would cover the typical 1-car garage (about 20 sq.m or 200 sq.ft).
I haven't looked recently, so I suppose if it wasn't selling well, they may have stopped carrying it.
--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
On 5-Jun-2005, snipped-for-privacy@remove.daxack.ca.invalid (Calvin Henry-Cotnam) wrote:

I was looking at some in the Oakville Home Depot a few days ago. Not all products are stocked at all Home Depots - sometimes you have to go to a couple to find odd items.
Mike