looking for glazier's diamond point driver...

Does anyone know where I can find a window glazier's diamond point driver that will work on 8x10 panes of glass in a divided lite window. I've checked woodworkers warehouse, michaels craft store, and various hardware stores but the only one I found is 10 inches long and won't fit between the muttons on the window. Suggestions? Thanks, Ian

Reply to
I & H Prees

Home Desperado has a glazing point tool made by Hyde; a standard paint scraper also works. This applies to the points with a raised flange, not the traditional flat type; HD also has the points.

Reply to
Jedd Haas

I have an old Red Devil- Model DP2 tool. It measures about 5.75 inches. Hasn't been used for years. If you are interested in it, let me know by email. I am in Illinois and could ship it to you.

Larry

Reply to
L.E. Gentry

Never knew there was a point driver. I just use a stiff putty knife. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

we dont have wooden windows now, but for the past 50 yrs. we have used a plain old screwdriver to push in the points and never had any problems with it... if you need a shorter one just use a shorter screwdriver, if you need a curve to the driver just heat the cheap screwdriver and bend it or if it is cheap enough it might just bend without the heat.....

Reply to
jim

Lee Valley Tools has the tool you are speaking of , but I don't know the length.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I have one of these.

It drives framer's and glazier's points. I did quite a bit of framing when I was a photographer. I don't think it is worth getting for the occasional user.

Frank

Reply to
Frank K.

Hi. I would take some flat acryclic that was long enough and notch it out as needed. You should be able to find something at Home Depot that you can "MacGyver" into working for you. Kevin

Reply to
Kevin