Looking for electric outlet

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CB23F8.6B0B5F00 Content-Type: text/plain;     format=flowed;     charset="iso-8859-1";     reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I want an outlet that i can attach romex to that has blades sticking out. I found this kit but it costs $50.00 If i find the receptcal i can make it myself. I need it to power an LCD TV Where can i find it ?
--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
desgnr wrote:

Try looking for an "inlet".
--
bud--

On 07/15/10 04:24 pm, bud-- wrote:

or "widow maker."
Perce
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:37:34 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

Why is that? The inlet is going to the receptacle, not the power side. It is essentially an extension cord inside the wall but you use NM cable. There is a commercial product to do this. You mount the "in" box low on the wall near a receptacle and the "out" is behind the TV. A short cable connects the power to the wiring you added into the wall. At a certain point I wonder why you wouldn't just hit the existing box and go up to an old work box behind the TV.

Actually that is the proper permanent way.
Using male/female boxes is a shortcut method to allow non-licensed electricians to "legally" hook up the television without having to call in a licensed electrician, therefore to do the job cheaper and faster with only one call. However, you will find that some jurisdictions do not allow this system to be used. There is some discussion about the pros and cons of using this method in forums used by home entertainment installers.

(Amazon.com product link shortened)alt6977-20&linkCode=asn&creative95093&creativeASIN0004YUKT
RBM posted for all of us...

(Amazon.com product link shortened)alt6977-20&linkCode=asn&creative95093&creativeASIN0004YUKT

Make sure to go with the gift wrapping!
If the OP intends to use it as I envision his survivors will need the wrapping to cover the cremains.
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.