Looking for a low cost Paint Sprayer kit for my air compressor

WHere can i pick one up that works half way decent ? Thanks.

Reply to
Ray Boyer

In my experience no low cost sprayer works half way decent. In addition no paint sprayer works well until you learn how to use it, including how to prep the work (the hardest part of any painting job) and choosing and thinning the paint for the specific job.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Can not help until you tell us more about the situation. Especially the type of paint your going to use.

Most air powered sprayers require a fair amount of volume, cfm's and about

40 psi.
Reply to
SQLit

i got one at walmart for around 75.00 for painting equipment .we painted a truck with it and it worked fine. they also had acheeper one that didnt work so well. lucas

Reply to
ds549

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 06:28:51 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ray Boyer) scribbled this interesting note:

Despite what some may say, there are inexpensive sprayers that do work ok. Are they great? Of course not. Would I recommend them to anyone wanting the highest quality results? No. But go to Harbor Freight and take a look around. I've used some of their sprayers to good effect for specific projects. And when one got stolen, I was only out about $80.00. Which is one of the reasons why I wasn't using my older DeVilbiss. (My brother once borrowed a DeVilbiss owned by our Dad. It got stolen. Why was this such a tragedy? Because that gun had a perfect tip. Back in the late fifties my Dad worked painting US Government airplanes. He sorted through hundreds, if not thousands of tips to find one that was flawless. And my brother had it stolen off a jobsite or out of the back of his truck.)

You just need to keep in mind the air requirements of the equipment you buy. Will your compressor keep up or will you have to stop occasionally to allow it to catch up and recover?

Good luck.

John Willis

Bought the remote 2 Quarts Canister sprayer from Harbor Freight for about $69.00 + tax. Used it to spray treatment on the fence & deck... works just fine. However it depends on what job you want to use it on. It's listed as a primer grade sprayer.

I wouldn't recommend ordering online because Harbor Freight has a spotty track record. If you live near one or in a driveable distance, you are better off picking it up. Since the bulk of the complaints that I've read are that HF is very slow in shipping out orders.

Reply to
DJ