Looking for a longer lasting celing fan light switch

Every two years or so I have to replace the ceiling fan light switch. Failed to work properly once this past week. Thus, I think it's time for a replacement.
It's a cheap enough part. It just doesn't make sense to me that I have to go to Sears every two years and repeat the process. Are their better quality switches out there? Where would I look?
Do you have local electrical supply store? I used to do this; my kids were hell on them, jumping off bed and grabbing pull chain. Seem to recall that the replacement ones I got at elec store were better.