Looking for a decent small drill press

I am looking for a small (8" or so) tabletop drill press that is fairly accurate. I found and 8" one at HF, and when I put it together and started using it, I found the wobble at the end of the drill bit was unacceptable. For a 1/4" bit, I was seeing about 1/8" of wobble. Other bits had the same problem. Not good. I brought it back, and even the manager thought it was bad. Sears has one a bit bigger (10") and I bought it, assembled it, and it has the same problem. From the way the Sears press assembled, it looks like it was made in the same Chinese factory as the HF press.
I had a Delta 12" press I got about 30 years ago, and the bits ran true-no wobble at all. Unfortunately, I didn't have room for it where we were moving and sold it.
My question is this: Is there anywhere I can get a small drill press that is reasonably well built and accurate? It seems like quality has gone out the window today. I am not looking for a cheap press, I want one that is fairly good. I just don't know where to find one. Any suggestions?
Steve

Delta still makes a couple of 12" drill presses. Grizzley has a "baby" 8" press, but for a hundred bucks it may be just as bad as your HF.
[...]
**Last year, I went through the same thing. So fed up using my pos Chinese press, I was desperate for something decent. Ultimately I got a 1954 Walker-Turner in perfect condition. You can mill with this puppy. Not exactly portable though
On Mon, 02 May 2011 23:14:19 -0400, Steve wrote:

This one is very accurate although it might be too small (6"):
http://www.micromark.com/MicroLux-Benchtop-Variable-Speed-Mini-Hobby-Drill-Press,8283.html

Take close note of the specs:
* Spindle travel: 1-9/16 inches * Chuck capacity: 1/64 inch to 1/4 inch * Drive system: 2-step pulley with 150 watt variable speed motor
This means this press is designed for little bitty drills moving at high speed to drill very small objects. You ever need to drill through 2" with 5/16" drill, yer screwed.
nb
I am looking for a small (8" or so) tabletop drill press that is fairly accurate. I found and 8" one at HF, and when I put it together and started using it, I found the wobble at the end of the drill bit was unacceptable. For a 1/4" bit, I was seeing about 1/8" of wobble. Other bits had the same problem. Not good. I brought it back, and even the manager thought it was bad. Sears has one a bit bigger (10") and I bought it, assembled it, and it has the same problem. From the way the Sears press assembled, it looks like it was made in the same Chinese factory as the HF press. ---------------------------------------------------------------------
That's too bad. I was just about to drive up to HF to buy their sale drill press. I guess I'll pass.
-- Bobby G.
[...]
Steve....I had a fixture that I put an hand electric motor drill in. It allowed the motor to lower and raise. I don't recall what it was called. Worked great. Try Google for something like that. WW
Steve wrote:

What's not accurate about a 'cheap' drill press? Mine works fine and I paid $69.00, it's a FireStorm by B&D. What do you mean not accurate? Oval holes? Wobbling drill bit? I have not of that.
--
If your doctor isn't taking new patients,
he ain't curing any of them.