lighting for bedroom

Hello, We have a bedroom with a celing fan fixture, but the ceiling lights were removed from the fixture by the previous owner. Thus, the room is poorly lit and has no overhead lighting.
Currently, there is a lamp, but it's not illuminating the whole room.
Are there any floor lamps on the market that do a good job at illuminating the room? Looking for something under $70.
Thanks for any advice!
A lot of manufacturers sell kits that you can add onto their fans.

ap wrote:

Well table lamps, floor lamps or replacing the removed ceiling fixtures are all good possibilities. The choice of what lamp to use is very individual and is almost always based on personal taste and decorating issues. You can get good lighting from any of the possibilities or combinations of possibilities. I have two table lamps, a five fixture track light and a floor lamp in my bedroom and that all works out well for me.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Sure go to any decent lighting store and you should find plenty in your price range. Get one that takes a three way bulb so you can vary the light as needed.
Personally, I hate the harsh light from overhead fixtures. They may be OK for when you are making the bed or vacuuming, but otherwise we use the lamps on end tables.

I installed a ceiling light in my bedroom, and I have a lamp on the tablef next to my bed, and its lightbulb is about a 15 inches above the mattress.
It's amazing how a 75W bulb in the ceiling lights up the whole room, and the same bulb in the lamp only lights up a little corner of it, and to the same extent.
I mean the lamp doesn't even seem to make it's little corner brighter than the ceiling fixture makes the whole room. It must have something to do with my irises.
I wonder if one of those torch lights that point up would do as well as a ceiling fixture, if you have white walls and ceiling. Not sure.