Lighting

When cleaning the basement I found the original "one bulb chandelier" that was hanging in my living room the day I bought my house 35 years ago
Also pictured is the fixture now there
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gg1jo0nx85rkoe2/AAC0dBMPhWKcV2UrzXjsgvama?dl=0
On 9/24/2015 3:34 PM, philo wrote:

I prefer the nostalgic look of the old one.

I have a few of those antiques from our house I'd be happy to part with... and we all know how expensive antiques can be. :-)
On 09/24/2015 03:02 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yep...me too. It is one of the newer additions to the house...finding it in an antique store maybe six years ago or so. The wiring was shorted so I got it darn cheap.
The house was wired in 1932 and the fixture is probably very much like the original (for all I know).
After my dad who felt sorry for his poor son saw it he got me a cheap chandelier at a rummage sale. It was better than the bare light bulb.
Years later a rich lady wanted me to put a new (piece of crap) light fixture in her dining room and when it was time to get paid...I told her I'd take her old (and much better) crystal chandelier as payment.
Unfortunately it was a "champaign" chandelier installed in a "beer" home...but I left it until the one pictured showed up.
Even got reproduction antique bulbs.
BTW: A local consignment center got me a few hundred bucks for that crystal piece.

+1