Light switches in "L"-shaped hallway

Page 3 of 3

Yes. It's a hallway light, and that's the only thing that doesn't work. All other lights, outlets, etc. work. I just assumed it would be something routine like a bad 3-way switch. The switches were both old, so I bought two and replaced both. I took off the light fixture and have just a bulb and a socket wired to the two wires that went to the fixture.

You are not qualified to do this, or you would not have replaced switches with different ones; always keep the same type.
--
Twayne

Tired of MS Office and their shananigans?