Light switch not working

A couple of weeks ago the main living room light stopped working. It's an all-in-one fan and light system and there's four bulbs. The fan still works. I've changed a couple of the bulbs to no effect. I've tried the pull cord both ways. The wall switch for the fan is beside the one for the light so the only thing I can think is is that the connection between the light switch and the light has broken somehow. Any other ideas? Is there a fuse in the light itself or behind the switch plate? I've very little experience here.
Thanks
No fuse, most likely a bad switch or connection at the switch or at the fan

Swap the wires from the fan switch to light switch. That oughta narrow it down for you.
Inexperienced? Then let me remind you to shut off the breaker before you remove the switch plate. Oh, and maybe label the wires too.
D'Olier wrote:

Swap the wires from the fan switch to light switch. That oughta narrow it down for you.
Inexperienced? Then let me remind you to shut off the breaker before you remove the switch plate. Oh, and maybe label the wires too.
D'Olier wrote:

is this switch a 3 way switch that was wired incorrectly? are there 2 switches to control the light?