Licensed Plumber rates

Page 1 of 2
Oops sorry 'bout that ... the hourly rate for the Licensed Plumber that I need to know about is for the Queens Long Island area of NY.
Thanks again, Gette
Would appreciate idea of current hourly rate for Licensed plumber
TIA
Gette
It depends on what area of the country you're in

this)@optonline.net> wrote:

You misspelled "world".

--
Regards,
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:21:12 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@spamcrypt.com wrote:

Click on the state:
http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oessrcst.htm#top
Then click on:
Construction and Extraction Occupations
Then search for plumbers.

These are _wage_ estimates. Of no use as far as what one would pay a contractor.
3rd eye wrote:

Actually, they are useful. Figure somewhere around triple wages, give or take. That only puts you in the rough ballpark, but at least you're in the ballpark.

Actually they are wage "averages".

These figures are what the man who does the work gets. How much extra you want to pay to the guy who maintains a cell phone and beeper is up to you. But knowing his cost allows you some room for negotiation.
It's sort of like knowing that the used car you want to buy for $12,000 cost the dealer $4,000. He would try and give you the idea he had $11,000 in it. But knowing his real cost may help you get a better deal.

Impossible to answer without knowing where you are. This is a world-wide forum, after all, and I'm sure the rates are not the same in Manhattan as they are in, say, rural Uzbekistan.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

You sure about that? I don't know if they have plumbing in rural Uzbekistan. Maybe there are only a couple of plumbers and they're in cahoots. You know, RUPU - Rural Uzbekistan Plumbers Union.
When people ask me these sort of questions I usually just say, "Seven...units of your choosing." Confuses the hell out of them.

$35 to $100 depending on the region. Most have a minimum service call billing.

Wherever in the world you are, it is whatever the market will bear.

And if you're not careful, the bear will eat you.
EVERY tradesman has different pricing and that depends on their individual overhead. A one man shop may actually have a higher overhead cost than a 50 person operation.
HeatMan wrote:

How do you figure that could be? You must have a different idea of 'overhead' than I do.

Okay, what's your idea of overhead?
HeatMan wrote:

I asked you first.
G Henslee wrote:

but if you must know:
Overhead includes two major categories of cost, operations overhead and general and administrative overhead. Operations overhead includes costs that are not 100 percent attributable to the activity being competed but are generally associated with the recurring management or support of the activity. General and administrative overhead includes salaries, equipment, space, and other tasks related to headquarters management, accounting, personnel, legal support, data processing management, and similar common services performed external to the activity, but in support of the activity being competed.
Now, based upon even part of that how in the hell could you realistically figure a one man shop could have higher overhead than a 50 man shop???
Simple How much do you paying for insurance I as individual in NJ Medical alone for me and my spouse two years ago was $2300.00 per month dental and eye not included with $1000.00 deductible each plus around $5000.00 vehicle liability plus $4500.00 company liability. How much are you paying per head on your employees and remember I am only worker here that have to burn midnight oil here

The way you phrased the question was not how I figured it, but how I figured that could be.

Overhead is what you make it. If I have to make 100K per year, that's a starting point. I also figure everything that directly has to with the business, including, but not limited to assorted insurance, parts, tools, equipment, etc.
Oh, and I don't make anywhere near 100K.
G Henslee wrote:

I think it's pretty safe to assume he was talking about the overhead percentage, not the actual amount.