LG dishwashers from Korea - any good?

We bought an Electrolux a year ago (to replace the contractor crap that came with the house) and love it. We just bought the matching 'fridge. Long time? Who knows.
On 4/9/2010 6:32 PM, Zootal wrote:

We've always been a Kitchen Aid fan for dishwashers for some 38 years. But the last 2 have been crap. They could barely get through the warranty period without needing major work. Plus, they didn't work that good. KA has now been bought by Whirlpool. So, our latest is a Whirlpool. We've only had is since August, but it has, so far, outperformed my last 4 KAs; cleans better, quieter, EnergyStar (whatever that means). My only complaint is the silverware basket. We are using an old basket from a previous KA. The one in the Whirlpool is, clumsy at best. It can be used either on the door or attached to the lower large basket. I have it nylon tie wrapped to the basket because it kept falling off. We still use it for big stuff, but the simple, old, removable KA basket is much better.