Leslie-Locke attic ventilator

Page 2 of 2

Why do you say it's 8 years old?
On 9/29/2013 12:35 PM, micky wrote:

This is the original thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en #!topic/alt.home.repair/tjcq_WOXeV0
The date is 7/18/05
Idiots from the homemoanershub often post answers to very old threads.

I just looked at this thread in GG where it's it's easy to follow the dates since GG shows the threads in date order.
It was started in '05 but there were a couple of responses in '09, then a couple more in '11, and now a few in '13.
Since we seem to have settled into a 2 year cycle, expect to see some more responses in '15.
On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:24 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Wow. So you went to check, even with no reason to be suspicious? Or you remembered it?

I'll set my alarm clock. Hmmm. It's only good for up to a week. I'll set the Scheduler on my computer to wake me up October, 2015.
Maybe by then the national government will be running.
On 9/30/2013 8:06 AM, bud-- wrote:

Or, if you click the link at the bottom of the 1st post it takes you to the original thread at homemoanershub, which includes the original date. No reason the idiots couldn't easily figure out the thread is an antique.

My other post 30 minutes ago was before i read t his one.

I didn't think to do that.

So I did click now and I read an answer that sounded like it could be from me. It was just about the same thing I said in this thread.
And it turned out IT WAS from me, when I called myself meirman.
Posted July of 2005.
Do I spend too much time here?
BTW, it was good to read the last part of the thread, which I didnt' remember.
replying to bud-- , Melisa wrote:

You are correct. I did not look at the date before posting. Also, as someone mentioned, he may have been talking about an attic fan and not a whole house fan.
Hopefully the references I posted can help someone else who is looking for the Leslie-Locke company.
On 9/30/2013 10:44 AM, Melisa wrote:

But it is not just you. A rather high percentage of posts from homemoanershub are on antique threads.
This is, by the way not homemoanershub. It is usenet:alt.home.repair which homemoanershub steals without attribution.
It is possible that the thermostat is bad and not the motor itself. Discon nect the black line and load wires in the thermostat and connect the two wi res together to see if the motor works. You should also check to see that y ou have power in the thermostat between the hot and neutral.
Replacement thermostats are available at Home Depot.
I forget who took over the Leslie-Locke line, but parts are available as I have bought them. Home Depot does sell replacement motors, but I don't rem ember if it will work for yours.
Try this link for replacement motors.
http://www.johnstonesupply.com/storefront/oem-replacement-motors/ventilatio n/butler-leslie-locke/c1027614-c1027549-c1027662-p1.html
Amazon also sells replacement motors: (Amazon.com product link shortened) CBRYNS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp89&creative25&creativeASINB000CBRYNS&linkCode=as2&tag=mrelect-20&linkId=J4XMIKXPVMZA6S54
If you cannot find a replacement motor, you can take yours to an electric m otor rebuilder and have them fix it for you.
GAF owns the MasterFlow name and those fans are sold at Home Depot: http:// www.gaf.com/Roofing/Residential/Products/Roof_Vents/MasterFlow_Power_Roof_V entilator
I usually order a new fan blade when I buy a motor as the old one can be di fficult to get off the shaft. You don't want a bent fan blade.