LED Light Bulbs now cheaper than Incandescent

Page 5 of 5
On 8/22/2015 4:29 PM, Don Y wrote:

Dimmable LEDs are still in the works for full range effect. Most DIM LEDs reduce to 10% while a few will reach 5%. They are improving but just as with everything else, it'll take time.
LED bulbs are reaching the capacity of the higher wattage such as 100+. The lower wattage LEDs are dropping drastically due to the production of higher wattage bulbs and higher K values. Those who like the daylight type bulbs will want the 4000k to 6000k range.
On 8/22/2015 6:09 PM, Meanie wrote:

They won't achieve the range of brightness that the "commercial" (130V) incandescents have. If I turn the overhead lights down to minimum, they are barely lit! A 4W nightlight probably casts more usable light!
[I should measure to see what sort of power they actually draw!]

We are sensitive to color temperature as it changes the perceived color of things. When you're producing artwork, you want to know what color you've got on the page... not what it *seems* to be ("in this light").
E.g., natural light from north facing windows is prefered.